1. You may not post or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
2. You may not engage in fighting. Intelligent and respectful debate is encouraged, but fighting and name-calling in the members forum is unacceptable. If you must "fight" with other member, use private posts to communicate only with that member, and do not involve the rest of the group. Rather than perpetuate bickering, do not hesitate to make use of the "ignore" feature.
3. You may not create and/or use aliases.
4. You may not impersonate another member or any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
5. You may not post or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, contains nudity, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
6. You may not manipulate identifiers in an attempt to disguise the origin of your posts.
7. You may not post or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
8. You may not post or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any party.
9. You may not intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law.
10. You may not ''stalk'' or otherwise harass another member. This includes abusive behavior and ''blanket'' or otherwise inappropriate use of negative feedback or clicks of the off-topic button.
11. You will make a reasonable effort to avoid posting messages in all caps, checking to make sure you do not have "Caps Lock" on before posting (the "Caps Lock" key is located on the left-hand side of the keyboard).
12. You will make a reasonable effort to avoid posting multiple consecutive one-line messages, which have the effect of causing "clutter", combining multiple thoughts into a single message when appropriate.
13. You will never knowingly post with dishonest or misleading information.
14. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the site or content contained therein that you did not author. You agree not to re-post or otherwise make available elsewhere, any content from ValueForum.com that you did not author.
15. You agree that the only acceptable use of the "OT" or "off topic button" is to register your preference that the particular subject matter contained in the post be discussed in the Coffee Shop forum rather than the main VF discussion forum, because it is non-investment-focused subject matter. You agree not to use the button as a personal attack or in the manner you would use the (-) negative feedback button.
16. You will avoid posting offensively off-topic material to the VF members forum, such as non-investment-related topics that are emotional or controversial in nature, or disrespectful to others. Extreme or repeated posting of off-topic material outside of the appropriate venue, especially re-posting material that was already automatically removed by the system as a result of a threshold number of members clicking the "OT" or "off topic button," will be considered a violation of this rule and may result first in a warning and then, should violations continue, result in a modification of participation privileges including suspensions or limitations on participation as deemed appropriate.
17. InvestFest meetings and any other ValueForum-sponsored events are to be considered a weapons-free zone. Failure to comply with this policy, or an implication of intention to disregard this policy, may result in loss of opportunity to attend events and/or forefeiture of VF membership.
You acknowledge and agree that ValueForum.com will preserve and store all posts, and that ValueForum.com may also disclose posts if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any content posted violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ValueForum.com, its members and the public.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of your posts involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your membership password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or membership. You agree to (a) immediately notify ValueForum.com of any unauthorized use of your password or membership or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you sign off at the end of each session when using a computer that others may access. Our policy is that each individual person must sign up with their own ValueForum account.
You agree to indemnify and hold ValueForum.com, any subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any content you post or otherwise make available.
NO RESALE OR REDISTRIBUTION OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the site or content contained therein. You agree not to re-post or otherwise make available elsewhere, any content from ValueForum.com.
As per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, BNK Invest, Inc. will reply to claims of copyright infringement committed using the valueforum.com service. If you own a copyright, report your notice of infringement by emailing BNK Invest Inc. at email@example.com.
Include the details below:
A) an electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual
BNK Invest, Inc. forbids copying, distribution, modification, public display, or any other use of copyrighted works that causes an infringement of the copyright holder's rights. As a condition to your use of the valueforum.com site, you agree that you will not use the valueforum.com service to infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
ValueForum.com reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the site or any portion of the site, without notice. You agree that ValueForum.com shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the site, or for any period that the site may be made unavailable. ValueForum.com reserves the right, at any time, to raise rates on passes, without prior notice or warning.
You agree that ValueForum.com, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password and membership, and remove and discard any content posted, for any reason, including a violation of these Terms of Service or behavior inconsistent with the spirit of these Terms of Service. You agree that any termination of your access to the site may be effected without prior notice, that you may be barred any further access to the site, and that ValueForum.com shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the site.
"ValueForum is an active, private, online discussion community for stock & bond market investing. In discussion forums divided into finely grained topics, you will find sophisticated investors trading tips, research, and due diligence on value stocks, income investments, forex, market news, and more. Join in - trade ideas, strategies, current news, via our unique message bulletin boards, stock ratings system, and other online tools specifically geared toward our community."
Random member testimonial: "The most important thing I have learned at VF in the last 3 years reading all you smart peoples posts is money management. This is usually not taught by our parents."
more testimonials »
Stock Market Investing Forum - Trading Tips & Research - Online Message Boards