The Chart of the Day belongs to Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF). I found the apparel retailer by using Barchart to sort today's Top 100 Stocks list, which are the 100 stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha, then I sorted by the highest technical buy signals. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 2/14 the stock gained 7.45%.
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. has launched an integrated campaign for its Abercrombie & Fitch brand, marking the start of its holiday season. Entitled 'This is the Time', the campaign draws from the brand's heritage of adventure and exploration, and taps into its core 21-24-year-old target customers' focus on experiences. With a heavy weighting towards digital engagement, particularly on mobile media, the integrated campaign will see the brand present on a variety of digital media and social media platforms, on TV, in movie theaters, and at music festivals. Abercrombie & Fitch has always had a spirit of adventure at its core, outfitting explorers, adventurers, and entrepreneurs; the ones who believed it was their time to risk it all, and make their mark on the world. That same spirit inspires the brand as it outfits today's 21-24-year old, living their own adventures, be it moving to a new city and making new friends, trying new experiences, or starting their first job.
Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 4 new highs and up 14.59% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 60.51%
- Technical support level at 23.18
- Recently traded at 23.64 with a 50 day moving average of 21.61
- Market Cap $1.61 billion
- P/E 30.44
- Dividend yield 3.29%
- Revenue expected to grow 1.80% this year and another 1.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 21.50% this year, an additional 12.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 12.57% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 buy, 7 hold and 4 sell recommendations on the stock