The Chart of the Day belongs to Educational Development (EDUC). I found the educational book publishing stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list first by Weighted Alpha, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/9 the stock gained 24.29%.
Educational Development Corporation is the United States trade publisher of a line of children's books produced in the United Kingdom by Usborne Publishing Limited. The Home Business Division distributes these books through independent sales consultants who hold book showings in individual homes and through book fairs, fund raisers and direct sales. The Home Business Division is also responsible for sales to school and public libraries. The company's Publishing Division distributes the books to book stores, toy stores, specialty stores and other retail outlets.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 162.95+ Weighted Alpha
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 24.57% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.51%
- Technical support level at 19.83
- Recently traded at 21.80 with a 50 day moving average of 15.94
- Market Cap $89 million
- P/E 16.02
- Wall Street is yet to discover this stock
- The individual investors on Motley Fool voted 3 to 0 that the stock will beat the market
- Value Line has the stock rated above average on both their Performance and Technical analysis