SAFM The Chart of the Day belongs to Sanderson Farms (SAFM). I found the vertically integrated poultry stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first by the mots frequent number of new highs in the last month then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/26 the stock gained 124.45%.Sanderson Farms Inc. is a fully-integrated poultry processing company engaged in the production, processing, marketing and distribution of fresh and frozen chicken products. The company sells ice pack, chill pack and frozen chicken, in whole, cut-up and boneless form, primarily under the Sanderson Farms7 brand name to retailers, distributors, and fast food operators principally in the southeastern, southwestern and western United States.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 22.01% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 80.99%
- Technical support level at 138.86
- Recently traded at 142.29 with a 50 day moving average of 124.45
- Market Cap $3.19 billion
- P/E 14.16
- Dividend yield .70%
- Revenue expected to grow 15.90% this year and another 4.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 30.70% this year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.05 for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 2 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock