NEWT The Chart of the Day belongs to Newtek Business Services (NEWT). I found the business development company stock by using Barchart to sort today Top Stocks to Own list first for the most frequent nee highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/23 the stock gained 3.50%.Newtek Capital, Inc. resulted from the combination of the businesses previously owned by BJB Holdings, Inc. and REXX Environmental Corporation and is operating as a holding company for a network of partner companies in a collaborative and coordinated effort to develop successful businesses in a number of existing as well as emerging, technological business lines.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 5.70% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.32%
- Technical support level at 16.47
- Recently traded at 16.82 with a 50 day moving average of 15.97
- Market Cap $282 million
- P/E 16.52
- Dividend yield 9.79%
- Revenue expected to grow 19.40% this year and another 24.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 8.70% this year, an additional 5.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 3.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock