The Chart of the Day belongs to Curtiss-Wright (CW). I found the aerospace defense stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals above 80%. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/25 the stock rose 10.49%.
Curtiss - Wright produces precision components for the aerospace, industrial and marine companies. Aerospace components consist of control and actuation systems. Co. also provides shot-perring & heat treating for industrial markets and the target rock subsidiary produces engineered valves for the United States Navy.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 5.97% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.80%
- Technical support level at 76.73
- Recently traded at 77.76 with a 50 day moving average of 71.81
- Market Cap $3.56 Billion
- P/E 19.61
- Dividend yield .67%
- Revenue expected to be down .30% this year but up again by 2.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 1.50% this year, an additional 11.00% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 11.10% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 4 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock