The Chart of the Day
belongs to Texas Roadhouse
(TXRH). I found the steak house stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High
list first for the highest technical buy signal then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/14 the stock gained 16.88%.
Texas Roadhouse is a growing, moderately priced, full service restaurant chain. They offer an assortment of specially seasoned and aged steaks hand-cut daily in every restaurant and cooked to order over open gas-fired grills. They also offer their customers, whom they call their guests, a selection of ribs, fish, chicken and vegetable plates, an assortment of hamburgers, salads and sandwiches.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 21.00% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.04%
- Technical support level at 40.46
- Recently traded at 42.23 with a 50 day moving average of 36.11
- Market Cap $2.96 billion
- P/E 30.40
- Dividend yield 1.63%
- Revenue expected to grow 11.60% this year and another 10.2% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 24.50% this year, an additional 15.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 14.98% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 1 buy, 9 hold and 1 strong sell recommendation on the issue.
The 50-100 Day MACD Oscillator has been a reliable technical trading strategy for this stock.